The Marathon's beautiful course starts at an elevation of 5400ft . As you run the first half you will enjoy open roads, green fields and a beautiful gushing river. At the half way mark and start of the 1/2 Marathon you are at an elevation of 5000ft. The last half of the Marathon is equally beautiful.
You will start the final half by running around Pineview Reservoir then drop into Ogden Canyon where you will run along the roaring Ogden River. Breathtaking views of pine covered slopes changing into steep rock faces will be encountered along with quaint homes nestled along the river's edge. Exiting the canyon you run onto the Ogden River Parkway for approximately 2 miles which will take you past Dinosaur Park and the Utah State University Botanical Gardens. The course ends downtown on Historic 25th street at an elevation of 4,309 Feet.
Start & Finish
The Marathon starts at 7:15 a.m. just below Red Rock Outfitters Ranch located 8 miles east
of Huntsville on Highway 39 and finishes on Historic 25th Street.
Aid stations at the following miles:
- Start, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 14, 15.5, 17, 18.5, 20, 21.5, 23, 24, 25
- Water and powerade will be provided at every aid station
- CLIF SHOT gel will be available at miles: 5, 9, 17 and 23
- THE MAIN CLIF SHOT ZONE IS LOCATED AT MILE 17! SAY HELLO TO THE CLIF TEAM!
- CLIF Bars will be available at miles: 11, 15.5, 21.5, 25
- Fruit will be available at miles: 7, 13, 18, 23
- Minor first aid supplies and Vaseline will be avalialbe at all aid stations
Available at miles: 1, 3, 4, 6, 7, 10, 13, 15.5, 17, 19, 21, 23
There is no parking at the start. All participants must ride the Bus to the start area.
Load and leave at 5:00am
Leave from 2510 Washington Blvd. in front of the Ben Lomond Hotel
There is only one bus loading time scheduled. Do not be late
Full Marathon buses load on the East side of Washington Blvd.
You will be required to show your Full Marathon race bib to board the bus
For safety reasons, runners that have not entered Ogden Canyon by 11:30am will be required to board the bus and be transported to the finish line - No Exceptions!