Relay - May 18th, 2013
The Marathon's beautiful course starts at an elevation of 5400ft. The five legs of the relay will take your team by open roads, green fields, a beautiful gushing river, through Ogden Canyon with breathtaking views of pine covered slopes changing into steep rock faces, with a view of quaint homes nestled along the river's edge. The course ends downtown on Historic 25th street at an elevation of 4,309 Feet.
Relay Teams may have 2 to 5 participants. Each participant must complete their own registration to join a team. Teams will compete in one of four divisions; Men's, Women's, Mixed and Corporate. The team captain will pay for the entire team to secure their spot.
Once you have finished your leg you may continue to run the next leg(s) with your team mate(s) if you wish to continue.
Start & Finish
- Leg One - starts with the Marathon at 7:15 a.m. just below Red Rock Outfitters Ranch located 8 miles east of Huntsville on Highway 39 and goes to mile 7 (7 miles)
- Leg Two - starts at mile 7 and goes to mile 13.1 (6.1 miles)
- Leg Three - starts at mile 13.1 and goes to mile 18 (5 miles)
- Leg Four - starts at mile 18 and goes to mile 23.1 (5 miles)
- Leg Five - starts at mile 23.1 and goes to Finish Line at Historic 25th Street
Aid station at the following miles
- Start, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 14, 15.5, 17, 18.5, 20, 21.5, 23, 24, 25
- Water and powerade will be provided at every aid station
- Fruit will be available at miles: 7, 13, 18, 23
- Minor first aid supplies and Vaseline will be available at all aid stations
- Available at all aid stations
- There is no parking at the start of Leg One & Leg Two
- Limited parking available at the start of Leg Three
Leg One & Leg Two
- leave at 5:00 am on the full marathon buses
- Leave from 2510 Washington Blvd. in front of the Ben Lomond Hotel
- There is only one loading of the buses to the start of Leg One & Leg Two
- You will ride the buses with the Full Marathon Participatnts. Load on the East Side of Washington Boulevard into the buses that are facing Northbound.
Leg Three & Four
- Load and leave at 6:15 am
- Loading will take place on the 2500 Block of Washington Boulevard in front of Key Bank.
- Load and leave at 8:00 am
- Leave from 2510 Washington Blvd. in front of Key Bank
- Leg Five runners can get themselves to their exchange point located just in front of the Timbermine Restaurant. However, there will be NO shuttle service to get you back to your vehicle. Parking at the timbermine will be EXTREMELY limited. We recommend using the provided shuttle service.
Shuttle to Finish
- Buses will shuttle relay participants to the finish line.
- Buses schedules may vary and participants are not gauranteed to make it to the finish line
- before their team has finished the race.